Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Disappointed: Update

So, last week I was pretty annoyed that all of my soap.com purchases came individually wrapped in plastic. I got an automated email yesterday asking me to provide feedback about my shopping experience. I kindly mentioned my concern about the packaging. Within a few hours, I received the following email:

Dear Kimberly,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our customer survey. We at soap.com understand your concerns and strive to provide an array of eco friendly products as well as the greenest shipping methods possible . We do use plastic wrap and air bags in our shipping cartons in an effort to minimize damage which would utlimately result in waste of product and necessitate the use of additional resources to generate replacement orders. Please rest assured that all of the plastic used inside of our shipping cartons is 100% recyclable. We thank you again for your feedback and welcome any suggestions you may have that would help us be more eco-friendly in the future.

Take care,

Jennifer Cintron

Customer Care soap.com

So that's nice. They have good customer service and stuff. Cool. Here's the tough thing, though. It's not as simple as just throwing all your "recyclables" in your can and putting it at the street on recycling day. Not every municipality or private waste management company will recycle everything. Now, I no longer have that stuff that I complained about, because I didn't realize at all that it was even possibly recyclable, so I don't know what number was on it. However, for you, my lovely caring reader, please be sure to check out Earth 911 to see where you can recycle specific products.

No comments:

Post a Comment